Re: [Groff] nop request

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] nop request
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 22:38:41 +0100

Hi Werner,

> I've now implemented a `.nop' request which is the same as `.if 1':
>
> .if t \{
> .  nop Hallo!
> .\}

Is `nop' a no-operation?  If so, I'd expect it to be more like `.if 0'
then `.if 1'?  Also, how similar is it to `.if 1' and why would I need
it instead?

Finally :-) I looked at the code and it doesn't seem to match what I'd
expect.  The code just seems to skip whitespace tokens leaving the next
non-whitespace token as further input to process.

    $ head x.tr
    abc
    .nop   def ghi
    xyz