Re: [Groff] pic does not work any longer

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] pic does not work any longer
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 20:40:49 +0200 (CEST)

> > I can't repeat this problem on my Linux box.  Which platform do you
> > use?
>
> I use linux 2.2.14 (a Slackware descendant), and the following tools:
>
> gcc version pgcc-2.95.2 19991024 (release)
> flex version 2.5.4
> GNU Bison version 1.25
> glibc-2.1.1

Except glibc (I have version 2.1.3) I have the same versions.  Very
strange.

> This problem happens with the current groff sitting in the CVS
> repository.  Reverting to the version tagged 20000311 of the pic
> directory eliminates the problem - using the same tools...

Due to my limited internet bandwidth (I'm sitting behind a 28.8k
modem) I don't have enough resources to do a complete check out
starting from scratch.  Using `cvs -z9 update -dP' shows that
everything is up to date in my local copy of the CVS.

I even did a `make realclean' to force the use of bison etc., and
everything is OK.

Maybe you have some other version of pic somewhere in the path which
probably doesn't fit your DLLs?