Re: [Groff] refer macros

From: Nicola Bernardini
Subject: Re: [Groff] refer macros
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 18:59:31 +0200 (CEST)

I'd like to thank very much Andy Dougherty and Ted Harding for their
reply in the refer macros related to the mm package question.

I have looked at bib. I have pulled it down from the net, compiled it
and tried to play with it. While it looks much better than refer, it
requires (from what I can see) a complete re-organization of the
bibliographic database and I do not have the time to do it right now.
I have, however, done a number of minimal modifications to the bib package
in order to be able to compile it and use it and I am ready to provide
a patch file for them if somebody wants it. I think that bib is definitely
worth taking back in business and keep maintaining (although I cannot
do anything like that right now).

I have also followed the instructions by Andy Dougherty, and by miracle
I now have a perfect (or at least it looks like that) mm.refer file
which I can .mso in my paper file and use it right away. I had to make
minor modifications to his patch file and everything worked like charm.

Please let me know if anybody wants the mm.refer file I produced.

Thanks again Andy and Ted. Your comments have been very useful.

nicb

|Nicola Bernardini     |
|E-mail: address@hidden |