Re: [Groff] Naming and position of *.man in the groff sources

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] Naming and position of *.man in the groff sources
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 11:10:37 +0200

>> be to rename the man source files to
>>
>>           <name>.<section>.man.
>>

> This is a nice idea which I support.  You are invited to modify the
> Makefiles accordingly.

No, thanx.  I prefer to move all man-pages into a single directory and
adapt a single Makefile - using a "%.man :" tag or the like.

BTW, is it possible to use the GNU make extensions.  Is it likely
that people translating the groff package have GNU make installed?  It
ought to be freely available on all systems.

Bernd