Re: [Groff] Sun OS 5.6 / Groff 1.14

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Sun OS 5.6 / Groff 1.14
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 09:08:49 +0000 (GMT)

> > I started out having problems with groff not printing PS pictures
> > with the .PSPIC pic.epsi on Sun OS 5.6.  So I figured I would
> > upgrade to a newer
>
> I have the same problem on a Solaris 7 system running Groff 1.16. It
> seems that if the bounding box in the EPS file contains any value
> that is 0 or negative the picture is rejected. I don't know if this
> is a known bug (or feature;)), since I am fairly new to this list.

Having a zero or negative value in the BBox is *not* conforming to
Adobe's Document Structuring Conventions, thus such an image is
rejected.

> The only fix I know is changing the BoundingBox comment in the EPS
> file.

Exactly.  Please complain to the image program authors to fix the
creation of incorrect BBox values.

I will add a warning message to the PSPIC macro if the image isn't
valid.