Re: [Groff] I need help! (fwd)

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] I need help! (fwd)
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 17:02:24 GMT

> I'm probably not suppose to get in touch with support this way...but
> I'm desparately looking for a solution to a problem with groff.  I
> keep getting an error message "line too long" when printing to my
> HPIV laser printer.  Can you tell me why?

No.  I've just checked the groff source code, and at no place there is
the phrase `line too long'.  Can you please send more info, e.g. a
sample input file, or an exact error message?

Are you sure that the problem is related to groff at all?

As a quick help, try another output device, say, grops or grodvi (by
using `-Tps' resp. `-Tdvi').  Then use ghostscript (for the PS file)
or dvilj4 for printing to your Laserjet printer.

> I've searched all places for documentation of groff...and there is
> lots out there... but none of it seems to have a section for common
> error messages.

Unfortunately, there is *not* enough documentation about groff.  I'm
working on groff.texinfo which will eventuall document all aspects of
groff.