Re: [Groff] how to modify configure.in to test EBCDIC

From: Sándor Bárány
Subject: Re: [Groff] how to modify configure.in to test EBCDIC
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 09:03:18 -0500

Sorry, some lines at the beginning are missing from my previous post,
here is the whole file once more:

dnl Check for EBCDIC stolen from the LYNX port to OS390 Unix
AC_MSG_CHECKING(if character set is EBCDIC)
AC_TRY_COMPILE([ ],
[ /* TryCompile function for CharSet.
   Treat any failure as ASCII for compatibility with existing art.
   Use compile-time rather than run-time tests for cross-compiler
   tolerance.  */
#if '0'!=240
make an error "Character set is not EBCDIC"
#endif ],
[ # TryCompile action if true
cf_cv_ebcdic=yes ],
[ # TryCompile action if false
cf_cv_ebcdic=no])
# end of TryCompile ])
# end of CacheVal CvEbcdic
AC_MSG_RESULT($cf_cv_ebcdic)
case "$cf_cv_ebcdic" in  #(vi
    yes) AC_DEFINE(EBCDIC)
         ;;
    *)   ;;
esac

if test "$cf_cv_ebcdic" = "yes"; then
dnl If we have EBCDIC we most likley have OS390 Unix, let's test it!
AC_MSG_CHECKING(for OS/390 Unix)
case `uname` in
    OS/390) OS390Unix="yes";
            CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -D_ALL_SOURCE"; AC_MSG_RESULT(yes)
            ;;
    *)      OS390Unix="no";
            AC_MSG_RESULT(no)
            ;;