[Groff] Re: plot2dev

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: plot2dev
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 10:52:25 GMT

> After I took a look at grnplot and plot2fig I decided to add the
> gremlin driver to plot2fig making it "plot2dev", which I think was
> the original intention. plot2dev is a MUCH better program than
> grnplot -- it has auto-scaling, binary file multi-format, etc.

Nice!

>  And also it doesn't have any licensing problem since it IS already
> a GNU program.  It would be good if you could also add in the "SEE
> ALSO" section of the grn man page the reference "plot2dev".

I will do that -- where is the home site of plot2dev?  I would like to
add the URL to the MORE.STUFF file in the groff package.

> Did you ever get xgremlin fixed for Linux?  That way we have pretty
> much everything we need for the graphics stuff. Regards,

xgremlin works, but xgremlin2 not (yet) -- the graphics are displayed
OK, but I only get black boxes instead of letters if I type in some
text.  I believe that a fix is simple, but unfortunately, I'm not a X
expert, and I don't have the knowledge (and the interest, I must
admit) to correct it.