Re: [Groff] New version of the grolbp driver

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] New version of the grolbp driver
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 23:26:13 GMT

>      The only problem that I've found is with the removal of the tbl
> preprocessing when generating grolbp.n.
>

>      Without that preprocessing the man program doesn't display the
> table included in the page (it shows the table source), this can be
> solved by using the '-p t' option to man, but I feel that typing
> "man grolbp" without options should display the page correctly.
>
>      Maybe the problem is related to the man version I'm using (version
> 2.3.10 on a Debian 2.1 system).

My man system automatically uses `-t' (resp. can be adjusted with an
environment variable).  The very problem is that if you do

  tbl < grolbp.man > grolbp.tbl.man

and then view `grolbp.tbl.man' with the -t option (i.e. calling the
tbl preprocessor again), a large portion of the man page is silently
cut out...

Thus I believe it is better to not call tbl in advance -- there is the
`grog' command to assist people in finding out which preprocessor
should be used.