[Groff] Fw: Re: ps2eps.tar.gz in /incoming

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Fw: Re: ps2eps.tar.gz in /incoming
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 18:16:12 GMT

There were some request about such a tool, so I'm forwarding this
announcement.

    Werner

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: ps2eps.tar.gz in /incoming Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 17:47:00 +0100
Roland Bless writes:

 > - I just uploaded the ps2eps-Tool (ps2eps.tar.gz and README.ps2eps)
 >   in CTAN /incoming of ftp.dante.de. Sorry, but I accidentially
 >   put README.txt in /incoming and could not delete it.
 >
 > - I suggest that the archive and README should reside in "support/ps2eps".
 >
 > - The program is licensed under gpl.
 >
 > - ps2eps is a tool to produce Encapsulated PostScript Files (EPS/EPSF)
 >   from usual one-paged Postscript documents. It calculates correct
 >   Bounding Boxes for those EPS files and filters some special postscript
 >   command sequences that can produce errorneous results on printers. EPS
 >   files are needed for including (scalable) graphics into TeX documents. I
 >   found out that other programs like "ps2epsi" didn't calculate the
 >   bounding box always correct (because the values are put on the
 >   postscript stack which may get corrupted by bad postscript code) or
 >   rounded it off so that clipping the EPS cutted off some part of the
 >   image. Therefore ps2eps uses a resolution of 144 dpi to get the correct
 >   bounding box.
 >   ps2eps needs perl, ghostscript and an ANSI-C compiler if your platform
 >   is not Linux, Solaris, Digital Unix or Windows 2000/9x/NT (binaries
 >   included).

Thanks a lot for the upload. As suggested, I installed it in

  support/ps2eps

For the CTAN Team
  Rainer Sch.ANvpf

--- End Message ---