Re: [Groff] RE: grn

From: Daniel Senderowicz
Subject: Re: [Groff] RE: grn
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 08:09:41 -0800 (PST)

>I've added a fix for this - which at least removes the crash. The
>complete patch enclosed also attempts to clean up various other issues re.
>use of select(), (re)defining libc stuff in the program, updating changes
>in the X interface, etc.

thanks for the fixes. You may also check another version of
gremlin that is around. I'll give you later the ftp site.

>That said, I really can't understand what the purpose of this  program is
>- since xfig seems to be a much better alternative. Or is there something
>I haven't understood?

I've used both xfig and gremlin. xfig has a few more features
than gremlin, however there is no 'fig' preprocessor for *roff.
So at the moment, the only way to include fig files in a *roff
text is to translate them to pic. pic files have less features
than gremlin, such as lack of stipples. I personally like the
gremlin "feeling" better than xfig, but that's a matter of
taste.

Dan