Re: [Groff] RE: grn

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] RE: grn
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:24:39 GMT

> I've added a fix for this - which at least removes the crash. The
> complete patch enclosed also attempts to clean up various other issues re.
> use of select(), (re)defining libc stuff in the program, updating changes
> in the X interface, etc.

Thanks a lot!  It seems to work except the text window -- I only get
black boxes while typing in some text...  In case you have nothing
serious to do, may I ask you to look into this also? :-)

I will eventually put a working xgremlin to the ftp.ffii.org host for
reference...  Daniel, since you are the only active user of xgremlin I
know of, may I ask you to check the manual?  It is *really*, hmm, out
of date, talking about green and blue buttons on the mouse...

> That said, I really can't understand what the purpose of this
> program is -- since xfig seems to be a much better alternative.  Or
> is there something I haven't understood?

xfig doesn't output gremlin format!  Since I will soon add grn to
groff, I think it is nice to have xgremlin working.  And I can imagine
that people who got used to xgremlin won't change to xfig...