[Groff] how to put an equation inside a line of text?

From: Weiguang Shi
Subject: [Groff] how to put an equation inside a line of text?
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:19:59 -0700 (MST)

Hi, there:
    How can I put an equation in a line of normal text using me?
    When I used ms, I can say "$ x = y $" which puts the equation right
after the text before it, not in another line. I don't know how to do this
using me.

    Thanks.

Weiguang Shi                              | E-mail: address@hidden
Department of Computing Science           | http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~wgshi
University of Alberta                     | Office: CAB 481
Edmonton, AB, Canada, T6G 2H1             | (O) (780)492-3927