[Groff] Win32 port of Groff and friends

From: Blake McBride
Subject: [Groff] Win32 port of Groff and friends
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 20:30:11 -0600

Enclosed is my Win32 port of groff and friends.  This port
differs from other ports in that it uses the Microsoft compiler.
The changes were done such that they only have effect on
the code when compiled with the Microsoft compiler.

The changes I made fall into three categories.

1.  A diff file (win32-diff).  This file changes existing code modules so that
those files will work under Win32 without effecting their operation
under other environments.  I am hopeful that these changes will
be integrated with the main development effort.

2.  Makefiles.  Several makefiles were added.  All makefiles were named
makefile.msc    I am hopeful that these additions will
be integrated with the main development effort.

3.  The Groff build includes several scripts which generate axillary files
used by groff (such as DESC, I, R, prologue, etc.).  Additionally groff
assumes the presence of some unix specific utilities (such as getopt).
These files were created on a unix box and just copied over.  I think
these files should just be kept with the groff distribution in the form
of a zip or tar file.  This way those on non-unix boxes can just unpack
them instead of having to generate them.

I hope this stuff can be integrated.  I'd be happy to maintain it.

--blake

-------
Download source code to my Dynace Object Oriented
Extension to C and Windows Development System from:
http://www.florida-software.com/algorithms
Blake McBride (address@hidden)
Algorithms Corporation - 615-791-1636 - USA