[Groff] \n(yr is wrong

From: Nicola Bernardini
Subject: [Groff] \n(yr is wrong
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 19:52:53 +0100 (CET)

Dear list,

well - I sure am glad that groff is maintained again! I was feeling
lonely out there using groff all by myself. Thanks new
maintainers!

Here's my first problem:

if you pipe \n(dy/\n(mo/\n(yr here's what you get today:

20/1/100

This is due to the fact that \n(yr is initialized using the struct tm->year
field, which counts years from 1900. A backward-compatible solution
(one that gives back '00') would be the best, but I don't know how
to realize it...

ciao and thanks again

Nicola
Nicola Bernardini
E-mail: address@hidden

Re graphics: A picture is worth 10K words -- but only those to describe
the picture.  Hardly any sets of 10K words can be adequately described
with pictures.