[Groff] accented characters in MAILTO requests

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] accented characters in MAILTO requests
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 19:55:43 GMT

Gaius,

the following doesn't work as expected:

  .MAILTO address@hidden "J\(:orgen H\(:agg"

I get the following warning message from troff:

  a special character is illegal within \X

Can you fix this?  This seems to be a limitation of GNU troff (for
some reasons I don't know -- probably caused by PS restrictions),
since I can't find a hint in the original troff manuals about
characters not allowed in \X requests.

I can imagine that the above warning is moved from troff to the output
devices which don't support this.