[Groff] Re: fixes for grohtml etc

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: fixes for grohtml etc
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 12:04:05 GMT

> here are some fixes for some of the problems you and others
> reported. Many other to do's still left to do though.

Thanks a lot!  I've applied them to the repository (with slight
changes to the ChangeLog entries).

> I've also included the first page of the homepage.ms inside the doc
> directory.  Feel free to rm it if its presence is not required,
> through the doc/Makefile will need to be altered accordingly.

It's a good example how to use groff's HTML macros, so I've included
it.  Note that the files in the doc subdir still won't be installed
yet :-( I need some time to write the rules...

> Note that I've added an extra field to the devhtml font files (what
> would I do without emacs yank-rectangle ;-) I wonder whether there
> is a better method - if so maybe someone can enlighten me?

IMHO your changes are very elegant -- may I ask that you add some
documentation about it in groff_font.man?

> All diffs against 18:00 GMT Friday

It is easier for me if you do a `diff -aruN ...' (after cleaning up
the new directory, of course) -- new files will be then there
automatically after applying the patch.  May I additionally suggest
that you compress the diffs?  Usually, you hit the 40kByte limit of
the groff mailing list...