[Groff] configure prob.

From: Eddie Maddox
Subject: [Groff] configure prob.
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 22:37:38 -0500 (EST)

I'm trying to ./configure Groff 1.15 on a Mandrake 6.1 system I just
installed. config.log says:
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:528: checking for gcc
configure:641: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works
configure:657: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
ld: cannot open crt1.o: No such file or directory
configure: failed program was:

#line 652 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

main(){return(0);}

crt1.o I found hiding in: /usr/i386-glibc20-linux/lib/crt1.o.

I tried examining configure to figure out what happened, but it's
beyond my skill level.

I've done ./configure, make, make install on RH 5.1 and Debian 2.1
systems and had no problems.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Eddie Maddox