[Groff] the HOWTO progresses (but Oh so slowly)

From: Dean Allen Provins
Subject: [Groff] the HOWTO progresses (but Oh so slowly)
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 12:16:44 -0700 (MST)

Fellow groff users, an update:

I apologize to Gaius who wrote back wanting a copy of the HTML/PS
files that I submitted over a week ago (his mail system kicked it
off).  My network connection went down and this is the first
opportunity I've had to read the groff mail list.

I'll forward a copy of the documents to you, although I'm not sure how
as I have no web or ftp site to place them.  Can I *upload* them to
the groff site, for reader review?

On the HOWTO front, I have added a section on 'ms' macros.  It takes
the form of two tables which I set up in three columns:  macro type
(my definition), macro name with arguments, and a description that I
thought was appropriate.

Why did I do that?  Because there was no 'ms' documentation, and I
thought that as the HOWTO emphasizes 'ms' use, I should include
something.  Now I discover that Ted is writing something, and that
another mail list contributor has found some documents (Sigh - who
would have thought that a dead connection would have caused me so much
unnecessary and redundant work).

Ted, I apologize if I appear to have redone what you are doing.  If, on
the other hand, you haven't gotten that far, please feel free to edit
and use the material which I am appending to this note (I think that
I will include my tables in the HOWTO though, just for completeness -
hope you don't mind).

If any readers see errors (or omissions), please advise so that I can
produce a useful document (at least useful to new users).

Regards,

Dean Provins
Calgary