Re: [Groff] web page authoring

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Groff] web page authoring
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 11:29:01 +0000 (GMT)

Dean writes: (address@hidden)

> I noticed also that the TOC appears immediately after the title, splitting
> it from the author and abstract.  Any chance it can be moved down?

good idea & very possible.

> I'm not quite clear on the use of TAG.  Is it like an index entry, that a
> user can click on to jump to that location?

that's right the destination of the jump.

> My other comments were in the post with the HTML document.

yesterday my email system complained about a very large message
and then proceeded to drop it (I think) - was your post > 65k ?
If so I've not received it.. any chance you could resend in two pieces?

> You'll probably notice that I have been trying to assist Eddie, but had
> misinterpreted some of your tmac.arkup macro.  Anyway, I think your
> 'Authoring Web Pages with Groff' is great!

many thanks

> Presumably you've seen some of my HOWTO (in PostScript), which I intended to
> use to focus on the 'ms' macros (the only macros I've played with).
> Perhaps though, I can include a sample using your web page macros as another
> (small) example.  Is that OK with you?

that's fine. I confess I havent seen it - but I'd really like to, can
you supply me with the url - thanks. My Troff documentation is really
scattered many bell labs manuals, papers, UNIX in a Nutshell etc. But
it would be lovely to have everything self contained and up to date
for groff.

Keep up the good work,

cheers Gaius