Re: [Groff] groff HOWTO: need feedback

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff HOWTO: need feedback
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 09:55:45 GMT

> I think a HOWTO has to be in PostScript in the first instance: it's
> the only generally available output format which can display the
> full repertoire of groff capabilities (OK, there's PDF, but the only
> way to that from groff is via PostScript; TeX .dvi format lacks some
> capabilities).  And for sure, everyone should be able to install
> ghost{script|view} if they haven't done that already!

I disagree.  To fit with the other HOWTOs available in the internet, a
plain text version must be available (of course with a pointer that
only the PS version shows everything) in the first instance.

Another possibility is to have a HOWTO in PS form and an additional
FAQ in text form, but this is extra work...