[Groff] web page authoring

From: Dean Allen Provins
Subject: [Groff] web page authoring
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 13:46:55 -0700 (MST)

Gaius:

I've been experimenting with the authoring tools macro that you developed,
but have some questions.

I presume that the IMAGE type must be PNG256 or GIF.  I've tried EPS, which
I use for MS macro stuff, and I get a blank (see my HTML version of the
PostScript HOWTO that I posted a day or two ago).

I've been trying to create a PNG256 with 'gs' with no success (from EPS/PS).
The command I used was:

gs  -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=png256  -sOutputFile=sample.png sample.ps

which returns without error, but creates nothing.  Any ideas?

I noticed also that the TOC appears immediately after the title, splitting
it from the author and abstract.  Any chance it can be moved down?

I'm not quite clear on the use of TAG.  Is it like an index entry, that a
user can click on to jump to that location?

My other comments were in the post with the HTML document.

Regards,

Dean Provins
Calgary