Re: [Groff] New html docs

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Groff] New html docs
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 17:10:38 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

Eddie writes:

> Also, I need to know: Can I forget about groff-web now? Is there anything
> in that I still need? Or is everything in there also in the Groff 1.xx
> releases?

Broadly yes. It might be good to archive it somewhere just in
case you need to refer to it for an example or two. However
I hope that eventually the new 'html.ms' will be a superset of
the old groff-web stuff,

Werner writes:

> It may be a good idea to include some samples for grohtml... Gaius,
> can you prepare something which already works as it should work?  I'll
> then include it into the distribution.

Ok yes I agree. BTW thanks for the grohtml bug reports and suggestions
about PNG files and naming schema. I agree with these suggestions
and many others that you outlined in your bug report.

Eddie writes:

> Suggestion: add a "make docs" that puts ASCII and/or HTML versions
> of all docs, including Gaius', in appropriate directories.
> doc-text.  doc-html.  Whatever.

good idea. We need to modify the Makefile to include an install
target inside doc.

cheers Gaius