[Groff] Fw: Re: Y2K Status reported on http://www.gnu.org/software/year2

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Fw: Re: Y2K Status reported on http://www.gnu.org/software/year2000-list.html
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 08:54:47 GMT

Please read the answer of Mr. GNU -- we should make a new groff
release ASAP.  Gaius, do you still have something to patch?  I suggest
that on Monday groff 1.12 should appear.

Comments?

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: Y2K Status reported on http://www.gnu.org/software/year2000-list.html Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 00:02:36 -0700 (MST)
      If
    you think we should do a release before 2000 please say so.

YES!!!!!  Please do it right away.

If there is a Y2K bug, we don't want to make people wait until
after Y2K to release the fixed version.  We should release it now.

So if you can't easily make a reliable new release now,
could you please make a bug-fix release with just these
(and maybe a few other fixes).

--- End Message ---