[Groff] What's valid in \X?

From: Larry Jones
Subject: [Groff] What's valid in \X?
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 14:30:32 -0400 (EDT)

In trying to produce PostScript that contains PDF stuff, I've discovered
that \X objects to things like \& and \ --presumably because they don't
convert to ASCII very well--although it's quite happy with font changes
and size changes.  It seems to me that it would be more useful to
quietly ignore \& and to convert the other kinds of spaces (\ , \0, \|,
and \^) to ordinary spaces.  What do others think?

-Larry Jones

in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. -- Calvin