[Groff] Re: groff & Y2K compliance

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: groff & Y2K compliance
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 21:43:45 GMT

> I work at the University of North Carolina and we are trying to
> determine if the GNU groff software is Y2K compliant.  According to
> the official GNU software Y2k page, I see that version 1.10 and
> 1.11a are not compliant.  I've downloaded version 1.11, which looks
> like it was released just last month.  I found your name in the
> ChangeLog entry for this release.  Do you have any idea if this
> version is Y2K compliant?  If it isn't, might another version be
> coming that will be? :-) (If the answers to all these questions are
> "no", do you know exactly what the y2k problems are with this
> software?)

Please download the current development snapshot from

  ftp://ftp.ffii.org/pub/groff/devel/groff-current.tar.gz

Paul Eggert has contributed Y2k fixes, and no remaining problems are
known.

This means that the next version of groff (which will probably
released soon so that people can test the new HTML driver) is Y2k
compliant.