[Groff] Japanese extension to groff

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Japanese extension to groff
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 12:01:48 GMT

Yoshiaki,

Ted Harding and I are the new maintainers of groff.  You can find the
current snapshot of groff at

  ftp://ftp.ffii.org/pub/groff/devel/groff-current.tar.gz

(this will be updated twice a day).

May I ask you to prepare a diff file of your Japanese extensions to
the current snapshot?  I have not yet included the `safer' stuff (we
are still discussing on the groff@ mailing list whether this is
necessity or not).  The available jgroff_0.100-2.diff.gz file doesn't
contain the extra files for Japanese.

I've also received a request for integrating support of latin-2, and I
want to find a generic solution to support more than one encoding
simultaneously (maybe similar to my CJK package for LaTeX).