[Groff] Re: Bugs in groff

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: Bugs in groff
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 07:45:04 GMT

   > The call would be rather
   >
   >   cat man.1 | groff -man -Thtml > man.html
   >
   > This driver is work in progress and still has a lot of bugs.  But
   > eventually it should do what you want.  Bug fixes are highly
   > welcome.

   I tried that and it makes a tremendous mess of the page, I wouldn't
   even know where to begin to figure out what is going wrong there.
   I had a feeling you would say that - I guess I'll just keep using
   the awk script.

I know.  Even if you add the switch -P-a, you get ugly results.
Apparently it can't cope yet with some groff requests correctly.

Gregory McCann <address@hidden> told me:

  The man source that I just downloaded (tar says version 1.5g though
  source code says 1.5f ??) includes something called man2html.

Do you use this?