[Groff] Re: grohtml not in current releases?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: grohtml not in current releases?
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 19:59:22 GMT

   Why isn't grohtml/ included in the current releases?  I realize
   it's still in alpha/beta stage, but I don't thinkk much feedback
   will be given to the groff developers if most people do not want to
   keep two versions of groff.

It *is* included in the current snapshot (I've added it yesterday)!
Version 1.11.1 was thought to be a quick release for fixing serious
installation problems.  Unfortunately, the opposite became true --
I'll soon release 1.12 which hopefully works better.

Please test!

You can download the current snapshot (which is updated twice a day)
from

  ftp://ftp.ffii.org/pub/groff/devel/freetype-current.tar.gz

Anonymous read access to the CVS repository is also available:

  export CVSROOT=:pserver:address@hidden:/var/cvs
  cvs login
  cvs -z9 co groff

If the prompt for the password appears, just press enter.