grammatica-users

Re: [Grammatica-users] Lookahead feature?

From: Thomas Moschny
Subject: Re: [Grammatica-users] Lookahead feature?
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 23:00:38 +0200

On Thursday 15 September 2005 22:27, Per Cederberg wrote:
> > BTW: What is the best way to start debugging a grammar
> > that makes Grammatica think about it for more than 1
> > hour on a recent desktop computer?
>
> I didn't understand the question above. Is there some
> word missing?

(I'm not a native speaker, so I'll try again.)

I've created a grammar (file) that contains about 100 productions and for sure
has some ambiguities in it. When I start Grammatica in order to create a
parser for this grammar, it will not finish within several hours. After 24
hours, I interrupted it.

Now, I wondered, whether there is a good way to debug my grammar without
waiting so long. Maybe Grammatica could output some sort of progress
information, e.g. the name of the currently processed production and the
current value of k. This would it make easier (for me) to find and review the
problematic parts of the grammar.

Regards,
Thomas