gpsd-users

Re: Problems with gpsd under BullsEye

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Problems with gpsd under BullsEye
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 14:14:30 -0800

Yo Don!

On Fri, 31 Dec 2021 17:07:21 -0500
Don Rolph <don.rolph@gmail.com> wrote:

> I compiled:
>
> MT3333; Dire Wolf 1.7, gpsd 3.23.2; BullsEye path
>
> from the Dire Wolf and gpsd source.

I'll help you with that one.  The others are out of scope here.

Just remember that 3.23.2 does not exist, and may never exist.
Git head is on 3.23.2~dev.

> > > MT3333; Dire Wolf 1.7; gpsd 3.23.2; BullsEye:  message flood
> > > reduced but not eliminated

Can you explain what "message flood" means"

I'm gonna take a WAG that Dire Wolf is only expecting one
lat/lon/alt/time update per measurement epoch?  That is on incorrect
assumption.  You may see many updates per epoch.  They may or may not
be, identical.

Or does "message flood" mean something else to you?

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588