gpsd-users

Re: Recommendation for GPS dongle

From: darren enns
Subject: Re: Recommendation for GPS dongle
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 13:58:03 -0600

Here is another old thread:

https://community.ntppool.org/t/usb-gps-with-pps-and-pretty-cheap-too/1586/25

Dare

On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 1:51 PM darren enns <darethehair@gmail.com> wrote:
I have dabbled with GPS/PPS for many years, so I understand what you are asking for, but that doesn't make me an expert to help :)

Here is an old similar thread I found:

https://community.ntppool.org/t/hardware-compatibility-list-for-gps-or-pps/1838

They mention this product:

https://navisys.en.taiwantrade.com/product/gr-701w-u-blox7-36-42-15-mm-ultra-high-performance-gps-mouse-receiver-1584024.html#

Perhaps with a USB-C adapter it might be helpful?

Dare

On Thu, Dec 30, 2021 at 1:19 PM Gary E. Miller <gem@rellim.com> wrote:
Yo Anthony!

On Thu, 30 Dec 2021 09:30:48 +0000
Anthony Stirk <upuaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://tinyurl.com/4nf55nn3 we have these in stock. They don't do
> PPS but do output RAW.

PPS was part of the original requirement.

Why do they not output PPS?  It is just a one wire change!

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588

Darren Enns
http://darethehair.googlepages.com/

"There is nothing more dangerous than a bored cat"