gpsd-users

Re: gpsd armhf on buster with backport doesn't work

From: TarotApprentice
Subject: Re: gpsd armhf on buster with backport doesn't work
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 06:21:39 +0000 (UTC)

>From the Debian installation guide for armhf found at: https://www.debian.org/releases/buster/armhf/index.en.html

So if you are wanting an ARMv6 version you’ll have to compile your own version. As Gary has said git head will be the most up to date.

MarkJ

On Friday, December 17, 2021, 11:25 am, Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:

On Thu, 16 Dec 2021 11:57:19 -0800
"Gary E. Miller" <gem@rellim.com> wrote:

> You have to report that to debian as it is there bug.
>
> > I don't know where I should write this bug report.
>
> Dunno, I don't use debian.  Maybe send email to bzed.

I'd start reading
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=gpsd;dist=unstable to
see if anything similar has been reported. If not, you may report it at
https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting.

> echo 'deb http://httpredir.debian.org/debian buster-backports main
> contrib' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/backports.list
> apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys
> 648ACFD622F3D138 apt-get update
>
> apt-get -t buster-backports install gpsd -y

However, first I would check your backports repo URL. It does not look
like the Debian Buster backports URL, which is:

deb
http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports-sloppy main

Furthermore, the very next step is to get a key from an Ubuntu server.
I smell a rat. Are you running Debian, Ubuntu or Rasbian?

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/