gpsd-users

Re: gpsd armhf on buster with backport doesn't work

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: gpsd armhf on buster with backport doesn't work
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 11:57:19 -0800

Yo Stéphane!

On Thu, 16 Dec 2021 11:10:42 +0100
Stéphane Péneau <stephane.peneau@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> gpsd on a raspberry pi zero with buster and backport doesn't work :

Sure it does.  Many people use it.

> echo 'deb http://httpredir.debian.org/debian buster-backports main
> contrib' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/backports.list
> apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys
> 648ACFD622F3D138 apt-get update
>
> apt-get -t buster-backports install gpsd -y

You realize that gpsd does not support apt-get?  That code is not
from us.

I'll bet if you compile from real gpsd source that it works fine.

> pi@raspberrypi:~ $ apt-cache policy gpsd
> gpsd:
>    Installed: 3.22-4~bpo10+1
>    Candidate: 3.22-4~bpo10+1

Clear;y not from gpsd.  That is not how we do version umbers here.

You have to report that to debian as it is there bug.

> I don't know where I should write this bug report.

Dunno, I don't use debian.  Maybe send email to bzed.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588