gpsd-users

Re: GPSD 3.22 autobauding under bullsEye

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: GPSD 3.22 autobauding under bullsEye
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 13:41:15 -0800

Yo Don!

On Mon, 13 Dec 2021 16:06:30 -0500
Don Rolph <don.rolph@gmail.com> wrote:

> As I am trying to create a relatively generic build for this project,
> special bulbs for each possible component are challenging.

UNderstood, and gpsd fights to make special builds not neeeded.

> Amusingly adding:
>
> --speed 9600
>
> autobauds for 4800 baud nicely as well.

Not a surprise.  As I said, the autobaud changes you see made some things
better, and some not better.

> My biggest observation is that lock seems to be about 20% slower
> under gpsd 3.22 than under gpsd 3.17,

I assume you mean "lock" in the sense of autobaud success?  Not useful
to us as that old code is now changed.

> although I am working to make
> this more data based. The speed of lock is of ore import than the
> quirk on the gpsd file.

You should always leave gpsd running, so like most of the boot process
in Linux, etc., the initial startup duration is not concerning.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588