gpsd-users

GPSD 3.22 autobauding under bullsEye

From: Don Rolph
Subject: GPSD 3.22 autobauding under bullsEye
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 08:24:04 -0500

I am testing out a system using gpsd under Raspian Buster and Raspian BullsEye.

Under Raspian Buster the gspd version is 3.17

Under Raspian bullsEye it is 3.22.

Using gpsd 3.17 under Buster, gpsd will autobaud correctly a USB connected gps (on /dev/ttyUSB0) at 9600 baud.

Using gpsd 3.22 under BullsEye I must specify -speed 9600 for the USB based GPS at /dev/ttyUSB0

Is there a reason why gpsd 3.22 is not autobauding to 9600 baud for the USB GPS at /dev/ttyUSB0?

Thanks!

--

73,
AB1PH