gpsd-users

Re[2]: generating and forwarding string nmea

From: Василий Пономаренко
Subject: Re[2]: generating and forwarding string nmea
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 20:30:38 +0300

Gary,
Thank you for clarifying, I will respond after the weekend.I wish you all not to get infected.
Пятница, 15 мая 2020, 20:18 +03:00 от Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:

Yo Василий!

On Fri, 15 May 2020 15:29:35 +0300
Василий Пономаренко <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all, I apologize if not quite on the topic.

NMEA is always on topic here.

> but I encountered that when sending NMEA strings, additional
> characters are added to the beginning.

My telepathy is bad this mont. Can you send us HOW your are
forwarding your NMEA and what you are seeing. It is hard to
grep for "additional characters".

> I am trying to make a gps
> device emulator to run gpsd as source: tcp //

I'm confused. Can you explain that a bit more? You want to
create fake GPS data, feed it to gpsd, then have other clients connect
to the that gpsd? Sounds a lot like gpsfake.

> Why does an extra
> character appear at the beginning «z» or sample? --

You said "additional", now you say "an". Rather than us trying to
intuit your meaing, just send exactly what you are doing and exactly
what you are seeing.

RGDS
GARY
address@hidden Tel:+1 541 382 8588