gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] cgps/xgps NO FIX but gpsmon works?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] cgps/xgps NO FIX but gpsmon works?
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 19:39:13 -0700

Yo Noeneel!

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 02:29:41 +0000
Noeneel Sharma <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> Correct it's connected to the Pi via USB, and Qstarz makes it. They
> don't seem to have a firmware update for the rollover so can't do
> much about that.

You can get a nice modern GPS for $15 or $20.  So easy to fix, throw
away that old thing.

> Do you think it's the time issue causing the problem?

Likely, but for me to say, I'd need a copy of the GPS output.

Easy to get: gpspipe -R -n 300 > raw.log

Or the SHM failure could also be the killer item.

When that finishes, just send the raw.log file here.

> >> pi@raspberrypi:~/source/gpsd-3.19 $ sudo gpsd /dev/ttyACM0 -n -N
> >> -D3 -F /var/run/gpsd.sock
> >Why are you using both a device AND a socket?
>
> I thought I read in the docs that the device had to be bound to the
> socket like that?

Nope.  The gpsd.sock is for hotplug, but you are hard coding the
device, so not hotplug.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588