gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Valid data in gps_data_t struct

From: Massimiliano Fago
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Valid data in gps_data_t struct
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 22:15:47 +0200

Ciao Gary,

thank you for your help.

in some example I see this:

if (newdata->set & ONLINE_SET)
(void)fprintf(stdout, "ONLINE: %lf\n", newdata->online);

if (newdata->set & MODE_SET)
(void)fprintf(stdout, "MODE: mode: %d\n", newdata->fix.mode);
if (newdata->set & DOP_SET)
(void)fprintf(stdout,
"DOP: satellites %d, pdop=%lf, hdop=%lf, vdop=%lf\n",
newdata->satellites_used, newdata->dop.pdop,
newdata->dop.hdop, newdata->dop.vdop);

it is correct to check "newdata->set & DOP_SET" before use the data?

For example if my gps is not receving data, how I can know if pps subtracted themselves is valid?
The data is set to nan?

Thanks,
Massimiliano

Il giorno sab 25 mag 2019 alle ore 21:15 Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Yo Massimiliano!

On Sat, 25 May 2019 19:46:13 +0200
Massimiliano Fago <address@hidden> wrote:

> how I can know if pps.clock, dop.vdop, pps.real data in my gps_data_t
> struct are valid?

Depends on your definition of 'valid'.

All the DOPs are set to NAN if they are unknown.

struct pps is a timedelta_t, so valid if the two times being subtracted
are themselves valid.  Also, struct pps is in a union, so only use it
directly after computing it.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588