gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gpspipe -R raw reverse direction

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gpspipe -R raw reverse direction
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 13:52:39 -0700

Yo Paul!

On Thu, 16 May 2019 21:07:52 +0200
Paul Bongaerts <address@hidden> wrote:

> To forward raw serial data to a network client i use gpspipe.
> for read only clients this works fine, even with the initial headers
> gpspipe/gpsd adds to the beginning of the real data

The headers come up now and again.  No one motivated to add a -q option.
And the JSON data can be useful.

> Now how to send real raw serial data back ? in direct mode (without
> gpsd) something simple like:
>     nc -l -k 2102 </dev/ttyAMA0 >/dev/ttyAMA0
> does what i need.

No generic way at this point.  For limited things you can use "gpsctl -x"
or for ublox there is ubxtool.  But neither just passes data.

No one asked before.  Why would you want such a thing?  GPS do not
generally do much with incoming data.

> Now how can this be send back to gpsd and forwarded to the device?

Lost me...  Can you provide a higher level description?  What data
needs to be sent to the GPS?

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588