gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] ubxtool to gpsd with ntrip

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] ubxtool to gpsd with ntrip
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 11:31:45 -0700

Yo Svenn!

On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 18:40:23 +0200
Svenn Are Bjerkem <address@hidden> wrote:

> if I try to use ubxtool to a running gpsd session with an ntrip://
> url, I get an error message that there are multiple devices available
> and I did not select which I want to talk to.

Of course.

> What is the parameter to ubxtool to tell it that I want to talk to
> the gps and not the ntrip provider?

RTFM: All the gpsd clients use the same option:
        host:port:device

> If I use ubxtool with a running gpsd, there are always loads of extra
> sentences, not just the specific poll I am executing.

Yup.  Prolly many ways to improve the verbosity levels of ubxtool,
and add some filters.  So much to do, so little time.  Patches welcome.

> The extra data I have not asked for is
> UBX-NAV-PVT:
> UBX-NAV-POSECEF
> UBX-NAV-VELECEF
> UBX-NAV-TIMEGPS

The original point of ubxtool is to show you what comes from the GPS,
And that is what you see.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588