gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Info on gpsmon field

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Info on gpsmon field
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 18:55:38 -0800

Yo Massimiliano!

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 19:33:22 +0100
Massimiliano Fago <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have one question about gpsmon field.
> what does the pps field mean?
>
>  xxTOFF:  0.153877008       PPS:  0.000041109       x

The TOFF means the time from the GPS sentences differs from system time
by 153 milli seconds.

The PPS means the time from the PPS pulse differs from system time
by 41 micro seconds.

At just that time.  Use ntpviz to get daily and weekely statics about
your jitter and offset.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588