gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] /usr/bin/ld: ./libgpsd.a(ppsthread.o): undefined refere

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] /usr/bin/ld: ./libgpsd.a(ppsthread.o): undefined reference to symbol 'pthread_create@@GLIBC_2.2.5' after 'scons sconsclean'
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 12:52:38 -0700

Yo Charles!

On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 13:35:15 -0600
Charles Curley <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 23:12:30 -0700
> "Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Can you share your exact commands?  Starting at 'git clone'?

> cd ~/versioned/
> ls
> age gpsd # local command to preserve old copies.
> # from https://savannah.nongnu.org/git/?group=gpsd
> git clone https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/git/gpsd.git
> cd gpsd
> scons sconsclean
> scons
> exit

Hmm, I think I see the problem.  After an 'sconsclean' there is no
target configured to be build anymore.  You need to configure scons to
have a target before running the plain 'scons' to do a build.

This is not mentioned in build.txt.  So some text needs to be added.

Try this:
    git clone https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/git/gpsd.git
    cd gpsd
    scons sconsclean
    scons -c
    scons

Yea, it is weird that the 'scons -c' restores a default build config.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588