gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Ublox EVK-M8T

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Ublox EVK-M8T
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 17:40:33 -0400

Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> Yo Denny!
>
> On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 22:30:45 -0700
> Denny Page <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Looking back through the mailing lists, it seem that there have been
> > some issues with the Ublox M8T chips. Did these ever get sorted? Has
> > anyone successfully used the EVK-M8T work with gpsd?
>
> I'm unaware of any outstanding issues with those chips.  ublox is a high
> priority for us, give it a try.

Gary, I think I might know what he's talking about.  The T is the
version that is optimized for time service.  There was some talk on
this mailing list (I think) about enhancing gpsd to know about
the special features, but uBlox charges a hefty premium for the part
and I don't have one, so that never got done.

Denny, we're big fans of the uBlox chips here - I designed a device
around them once. We don't know of any issues when they're used as
location devices.  Can you be more specific?

Please consider contributing to my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/esr
so I can keep the invisible wheels of the Internet turning. Give generously -
the civilization you save might be your own.