gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Problem running on CentOS 7

From: Vaish, Atul
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Problem running on CentOS 7
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 04:59:35 +0000

Hello Gary
 starting  using my intel id  where I work and  porting this  gpsd task is one
of my assignments.

Build logs are attached.

gpsd$ gpsd -V
gpsd: 3.16 (revision 3.16)
gpsd$ gpsmon -V
gpsmon: 3.16 (revision 3.16)
gpsd$ cgps -V
cgps: 3.16 (revision 3.16)

Above  looks to be from the build gpsd that I built using scons  command line .

When I use "sudo apt-get install gpsd gpsd-clients python-gps" ,I get version
3.15 .
address@hidden:~$ cgps -V
cgps: 3.15 (revision 3.15-2build1)
address@hidden:~$ gpsmon -V
gpsmon: 3.15 (revision 3.15-2build1)
address@hidden:~$ gpsd -V
gpsd: 3.15 (revision 3.15-2build1)
address@hidden:~$

address@hidden:~$ pgrep gpsd
2541

The output from gpsmon and cgps in above case , are in attached JPEG files
(still I see "NO FIX" after 10-15 mins,  am I missing something  here?)   .
 Hope that should be fine as copy-paste the terminal output wasn't the option
here for me.

With 3.16 Version (which I installed using scons command line) , still shows
the issue as below while running gpsmon and cgps at different times

tcp://localhost:2947          JSON slave driver>
(82) {"class":"VERSION","release":"3.16","rev":"3.16","proto_major":3,"proto_min
or":11}
(172) {"class":"DEVICES","devices":[{"class":"DEVICE","path":"/dev/ttyUSB0","act
ivated":"2017-04-11T12:39:22.428Z","native":0,"bps":9600,"parity":"N","stopbits"
:1,"cycle":1.00}]}
(122) {"class":"WATCH","enable":true,"json":false,"nmea":false,"raw":2,"scaled":
false,"timing":false,"split24":false,"pps":true}

address@hidden:~$ pgrep gpsd
2401

Cgps -s
│    Latitude:   n/a                        ││                                 │
│    Longitude:  n/a                        ││                                 │
│    Altitude:   n/a                        ││                                 │
│    Speed:      n/a                        ││                                 │
│    Heading:    n/a                        ││                                 │
│    Climb:      n/a                        ││                                 │
│    Status:     NO FIX (0 secs)            ││                                 │
│    Longitude Err:   n/a                   ││                                 │
│    Latitude Err:    n/a                   ││                                 │
│    Altitude Err:    n/a                   ││                                 │
│    Course Err:      n/a                   ││                                 │
│    Speed Err:       n/a                   ││                                 │
│    Time offset:     n/a                   ││                                 │
│    Grid Square:     n/a                   ││                                 │

On Android Porting ==>
Have enabled CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_GARMIN=y in kernel to make it Garmin specific
kernel driver, is this enough  ? or  there is more to customization as u
mentioned ?

Thanx a Lot for your support
avaish