gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Telit SE868-V3

From: Martin Townsend
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Telit SE868-V3
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 09:55:21 +0100

On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 12:17 AM, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yo Martin!
>
> On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 22:01:07 +0000
> Martin Townsend <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> > If you need to do bit picking, then best to write a shim that reads
>> > your SPI and serves a /dev/ttyXXX
>>
>> I found this
>> https://github.com/actigraph/telit-spi-tty/blob/master/telit_spi.c
>> which is a SPI driver for a Telit modem that creates a TTY character
>> driver, ignoring the modem stuff I should be able to port this and
>> shape it to a Telit SPI TTY GPS driver. So once I get my /dev/ttyGPS0
>> or whatever I decide on i just pass this to gpsd and it should start
>> reading NMEA messages all being well or do I need some other setup?
>
> Well, then you need to sned us a writeup on how you did it.
If I get it working I will make the driver public with the GPL license
in tact.  I can write up some instructions on using the driver.

> But that should be enough to get all your PVT data from the GPS.
great.

> Not sure what you intend to do with your data after that, but there
> are lot's of well understood patch from gpsd.
If think the app developers just need periodic location information
and NMEA would be sufficient.  I see gpsd has a socket connection I
imagine this is what the app developers will want, connect to the gpsd
socket and get location information. Does this sound plausible.

Cheers,
Martin.