gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Raspberry Pi C11 compile issue

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Raspberry Pi C11 compile issue
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 12:41:26 -0700

Yo Neil!

On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 23:41:45 +0000
Neil Green <address@hidden> wrote:

> Compiling GPSD without C11 gives the less than satisfactory warning
> "No memory barriers - SHM export and time hinting may not be
> reliable” Hence my desire to compile with C11. GPSD, with the minor
> fiddling I described in my original post can, will and does compile
> with C11 and works just fine.

My mistake, I was thinking NTP, which is explicitly c99 or gnu99.

If you think you have it, send along a formal patch.

> Don’t get me wrong - I have little experience of GCC beyond compiling
> and am more than willing to believe I’m doing something wrong but it
> seems to me that, whether I’m right or wrong, scons or GPSD (I
> suspect scons) is not behaving consistently. Either it should
> ignore/reject any attempt to compile with C11 or scons and scons
> install should both acknowledge the C11 flag.

Known issue.  Many brave souls have dived into scons to fix this caching
problem, none have come back successfull.  Patches to code and/or doc
welcome.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588