gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] ppsthread.c broken for FreeBSD gpio

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] ppsthread.c broken for FreeBSD gpio
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 14:48:14 -0700

Yo Tony!

On Mon, 13 Mar 2017 14:35:17 -0700
"Tony Hain" <address@hidden> wrote:

> So the reason that the pps is being ignored is that the edge
> detection code is also linux specific (though I haven't traced it all
> yet), in that it knows how to deal with a linux Rpi with a single
> edge pps, but this being FreeBSD, it assumes both edges exist, then
> rejects the results.

Got some code to that?  gpsd happily works with one edge or two, and
that is not compile dependent.  Two ways to have one edge, the
'invisible puklse' thing, or the broken RasPI gpio driver.

> I have hacked it to force the edge dector to buy
> in, but before it gets there the invisible flag is set and other
> logic gives up on it.

Invisible logic is not a fence, it is a cow catcher.

> Looking at the code, my pulse shaper/driver for the MR350p would
> likely fail anyway because it is 530/470ms, and this appears to want
> the assert state to be shorter than 90% of half (which likely
> explains why I have never had any luck getting gpsd to play nice with
> ntp).

I have a trusty MR-350p,  That is clearly not the default setting
for that model.  Why do you have it set that way?  it will most likely
fall into a deadband that is rejected as hard to quantify.

> There are Rpi specific values referenced for dealing with its
> assert-only linux behavior, so the assumption that single-edge is
> Rpi-only would be at fault.

Rally?  Where?ode snips please.

RGDS
GARY