gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Create fakegpsd input from coordinates

From: Fulup Ar Foll
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Create fakegpsd input from coordinates
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 12:29:54 +0100

For your information,

GeoGate provides a NMEA+AIS simulator[1] this simulator takes as input a GPX route and generate either NMEA or AIS packet.

Hope it will help.

Fulup

[1] https://github.com/fulup-bzh/GeoGate/tree/master/simulator

On 06/03/2017 14:53, Peter Jenik wrote:
Hi Attila,

I would build a NMEA File and then feed it to gpsfake. Building a NMEA
File from your coordinates should be easy:

*$GPGLL*

Geographic Position, Latitude / Longitude and time.

eg1. $GPGLL,3751.65,S,14507.36,E*77

eg2. $GPGLL,4916.45,N,12311.12,W,225444,A

           4916.46,N    Latitude 49 deg. 16.45 min. North

           12311.12,W   Longitude 123 deg. 11.12 min. West

           225444       Fix taken at 22:54:44 UTC

           A            Data valid

eg3. $GPGLL,5133.81,N,00042.25,W*75

               1    2     3    4 5

      1    5133.81   Current latitude

      2    N         North/South

      3    00042.25  Current longitude

      4    W         East/West

      5    *75       checksum

$--GLL,lll.ll,a,yyyyy.yy,a,hhmmss.ss,A llll.ll = Latitude of position

a = N or S
yyyyy.yy = Longitude of position
a = E or W
hhmmss.ss = UTC of position
A = status: A = valid data

courtesy of http://aprs.gids.nl/nmea/#gll

Convert your Lat/Lon accordingly (Degrees*100+Minutes.<point>decimal
fraction of minute) When omitting the time and using “A” instead of
calculating a checksum then do not forget to insert the extra comma, it
might be needed.

HTH

Peter