gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Segmentation fault on Qualcomm MDM9615

From: Jordi Augé
Subject: [gpsd-users] Segmentation fault on Qualcomm MDM9615
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 11:20:12 +0200 (CEST)

Hello all,

I am trying to use gpsd on a Qualcomm MDM9615 device, which is an Embedded ARM device, with an embedded modem and GPS, and running Linux.

I've cross compiled the latest version without dbus, python or bluetooth support, as I'm attaching to a serial device already present on the target device.

The serial port is identified by gpsd as being NMEA0183, but after a few messages, gpsd throws a segmentation fault. This happens at every run, after about 8-10 messages are processed.

I've posted the full session log here: http://pastebin.com/fxTS3nLY
In the paste, there is:
 - gpsd -h (to see which drivers are compiled in)
 - gpsd -V
 - A run of gpsd with debugging enabled, ending on a segmentation fault
 - Some messages extracted directly from /dev/nmea, for reference

As this test is being run indoors, there's no GPS fix, I'll start testing outdoors as soon as I get rid of the segmentation faults here.

Can anyone shed any light on why this is happening?

Thanks,
Jordi